Friday, April 17, 2009

I'm a mess, I'm a wreck

"I'm a mess, I'm a wreck
I am perfect and I have learned to accept
All my problems and short comings
'Cause I'm so visceral, yet deeply inept"

If anyone else were in my shoes, I don't think they would be able to live with themselves. Thank goodness I inherited a vast amount of optimism from my parents. I haven't had a night like last night's in a while, pretty damn epic. You think you remembered everything that happened but then Jordan tells you about your train wreck at the party over a bowl of pho. Then when you think you've heard the entire story, he hits you with another, more embarrassing one. *sigh. Gosh, how I love to eat pho with unshowered hair and last night's outfit on. And wtf, I found someone's key in my pocket this morning, along with the usual stains on my shirt and scrapes on my knees. Vodka is a creeeep, but I love him.

The sunshine is gorgeous today. I say that quite often. I love taking strolls in this weather with a slight hangover and my dear pal, Nick. Did you ever notice that the world looks so much prettier when you can only see the sky? Especially with a glimpse of sunshine in the corner of your eyes. Zen.

"I'm a mess, I'm a wreck
I am perfect and I have learned to accept
All my problems and short comings
'Cause I'm so visceral, yet deeply inept"

No comments: